Wednesday, February 24, 2016

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Compact


Looking for a powder foundation? Ever considering YSL? Some people only read the latest products review.. The one they called the newest edition, the current launched, the season series etc, that are so collectible so you don't want to miss. But how if we look at the permanent items, the classic piece, that made people repurchasing all over again because of the quality. Now here is one of those.


Few months ago I finished my Chanel Universelle Compacte that I really love (I even already bought back up). From that point I never open new compact and focus on my Clinique Superbalanced, Coty Aispun and Chanel Vitalumiere Loose. Then last month I sold my Coty Airspun (only keep about 35% for baking undereye) and early January I finished my Clinique, I am now happily looking out from my untouched stash and try this YSL Touche Eclat Powder Foundation. Yep like you could guess easily, I bought this like a year ago or so. It was on sale!!! Hahaha... 


The packaging is in gold, like we expect from YSL. There is place to put sponge beside the powder, and it has holes in the bottom so your sponge could breath. It is refillable, so when you finish just buy the refill.



I am actually not a compact foundation fans since most of them getting cakey and patchy on me. I prefer liquid foundation over powder one. And I usually set and finish with light powder for natural finish.


From the picture above, we could see that this powder is like instant brightening agent. B20 is in my comfort range. I always go for 20-30. I wear it directly on my skin without any primer or foundation and the result quite nice.


The texture is so soft and it blends well to my skin and not cakey at all as long as I apply with brush. It has light to medium coverage with a satin finish. It doesn't cover my blemish and my darkspots completely but I don't mind. If you want to get more coverage, just put some liquid foundation or concealer before. It last for 4 hours without foundation and around 6 hours with foundation and does not clog pores.

For application, I like to apply my powder, including compact powder, with brush. Again, for the sake of natural finish. So I could not comment on how the sponge perform, since I never like them.


On the last picture below, I wear Dior Nude Air Serum before apply this powder to increase the coverage. Not completely cover my imperfection since you know that Dior Nude Air is also very light.

You know that I'm all about that glow. So I need to combine with few glowing products to create dewy finish. Lets say, Guerlain Meteorites Compact for finishing. Well, overall I like this powder's performance. It is good enough to repurchase.


Thank you for reading..

No comments:

Post a Comment