Friday, February 8, 2019

Sephora Cream Lip Stain 03 Strawberry Kissed


Happy Chinese New Year! Hope this year brings you happiness, hope and lots of love.. Back when I was a child, I always love Chinese New Year Celebration. Having dinner with my extended family and also receiving red envelopes (read:money) always cheers me up for weeks. Lol.. What about now? I have different roles now. I'm the one who's giving away the envelopes now and of course taking part in ceremony preparation too. But, the joy of celebrating Chinese New Year never change 😊




Speaking of Chinese New Year, there are some rules according to the tradition. One of them is we must wear bright color, mostly red which represent festive and happiness. And then I remember one bright lip product that I have used most often this week. The Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Strawberry Kissed. 


The packaging is a super simple plastic tube that is quite slim and travel friendly. The applicator is slim but picks enough product for one application. It is truly an easy application. One swipe, wait less than a minute and I'm ready to go. It has vanilla scent that is not too strong but you will definitely notice that upon application. The scent is fading as it dries.


This shade is a reddish pink which is really bright and beautiful. The texture reminds me more to a lip cream than a lip stain. The color is quite pigmented so one layer is enough to cover my lips entirely. It dries pretty quickly to a matte finish and after that it doesn't transfer as long as you are not eating or drinking something oily.. 


It doesn't give me uncomfortable feeling that usually matte liquid lips do. It doesn't stretch or dry my lips even after hours after first application. I'm also glad to report that I don't need to touch up. 


Picture above is taken at 09.00, indoor, sunlight near a window. Picture below taken at 15.00, outdoor, sunlight, standing under a tree. Only applied once and no touch up.


That first application stays the whole day on me even after two meals and a snack. It does minor transfers on my glass but no huge change visible on the lips. When I get home and remove my make up at 17.00, it's still there with only minor fading on inside of the lips. For me it is still very very presentable.

Overall I'm impressed with this lippie and I would recommend you to try this. I think this shade will look so beautiful on everybody.

Cheers! See you on my next post..

1 comment: