Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Catrice Absolute Eye Color 090 and 980


As requested, I deliver a series of Drugstore and Local (Indonesian) Make Up. I bought few items from various brands. Now, let me show you one of my Catrice haul last week. Don't worry, there will be other Catrice products review coming soon. I just think it will be easier to post in parts than all products in one article.


Well, Catrice's normal prices are already affordable, but when there is a clearance sale, boom! You get a riddiculously cheap price for some items. I got these eyeshadows for only IDR 12.750/each from normal price IDR 42.500/each. Can you believe that? As you can see, the exp. dates are not far away. It's in Oct and Nov this year. But not all products under clearance sale are so close to expiration, even I received some items that will be expired in 2020-2021.

The packaging is simple and travel friendly. You can see the eyeshadow powder through the lid which make it easy to pick the shades you want to use on that day. 


The first shade I got is #090 Bring Me Frosted Cake. The finish is matte, quite easy to blend but not really visible when applied to my eyelid. I use it as a base color on all over my lids. The texture is a bit powdery. Luckily the shade is not that visible on me, so there is no big issue about the fall out.


The other one is #980 The Big Blue Theory. Few days ago I've shared Instagram stories (@deavalence) wearing my Catrice Haul. And guess what! The most wanted review is this one, the beautiful blue eyeshadow. Sadly I have to let you down a bit this time.


To deliver a truthful review, I want to use it without primer. But there is no possibility for me using this shade without a primer. Seriously, I'm trying hard to apply and blend this shade until I hurt my eyes and I know have to stop. My eye become watery and it gets even worse, the eyeshadow melts and gone with my tears (not gone with the wind. Lol). It literally vanished without I'm touching. I just need to blink and there will be a spot of bareskin on the place where my tears run. You can see from my inner corner and inner undereye, there is no shade left. Yes, I know many people said good thing about these mono eyeshadows, but it's not working on me. I think this will be a disaster if I begin sweating too. After 30 mins or so upon application I have to erase just because I think there is no point to wait any longer.


Buuutt, I have good news too. If you have any good eyeshadow primer with you, then the problem has been solved. I tried to use my Urban Decay Primer Potion the other day and these eyeshadows works well. The color is definitely more intense and it stays for 5-6 hours on humid days. The primer helps to minimize the fall out too. And I'm so happy because I love the shade especially the blue one. People compliment on my stories on that day so I'm over the moon. Hahahah..

However, I don't use any primer in photos in this review. I'm also using other eyeshadow and eyelashes from Catrice for this look and the review will be on my next blogpost. So I'll see you again on that post.. 

1 comment: